They just need to do a bit of clearing up and I need to paint the two grills at the bottom. The top ones I did last Thursday after the workers had gone home. As I've been away the pool is not full so when they come tomorrow I'm not sure quite what they'll think. I did warn them to give me plenty of time. We'll see what happens. But, this major job, the last job, is done -
I haven't got time for dahlias, Tod. I just need the grass/weeds to grow.
Yes, it was quicker than I thought. Quicker then the builder thought as well. He thought about eight working days. He still gets the same money though as it is a fixed price. As long as I'm happy the work is good, I'm happy.
The grounds need a little attending to. Once the rubble is cleared away, you could consider putting some soil there and just throwing a packet or two of "miscellaneous wildflowers" (that's what they call those packets in France) on the spot and just see what happens.
We did that on the other side. It worked for a while but 'putting some soil there' is a fairly major undertaking. On the other side of the house we needed two truckfulls. There isn't as much ground on this side as it borders on olive trees, which aren't ours. So we'd have to be careful not to go under them. You can see how close they are by the one on the right in the last photo.
The proof. By the way, the bed and the table/chairs aren't normally just there. I moved them when I was painting the pink wall behind that replaced the one that blew over in a storm. Though it isn't that colour now either, it's a darker red -